Marvel releases first Dr. Strange teaser
For those of you not familiar with Marvel's Dr. Strange character, Stephen Strange is a world-renowned surgeon who injures his hands severely in a car crash (how did this happen...did he crash hands first into something?? Guess we'll have to watch and find out). Somehow, no longer able to do surgery, he finds his way into learning magic, adventures ensue.
If my overwhelming detail above didn't give it away, I'm no expert on this character but MAN I am excited for Benedict Cumberbatch to be joining the MCU (what is the MCU?). Marvel proved with Thor that they can really sell even the more (dare I say) strange elements of the Marvel universe and I can't way to see what Scott Derrickson (Sinister) brings as a director to this film.
This trailer does a great job of setting up the movie and exposing non-comic fans to the trippy weirdness we can expect. If you saw Ant-Man there was a brief scene involving the Quantum Realm that overlaps with some of Strange's material, but we'll have to see how that plays out.
- Oh, there's the car crash. Maybe the glass cuts his hands?
- Is that Chiwetel Ejiofor talking at the beginning? Really he's telling us to 'forget everything we know' since this movie is gonna get weird.
- Lots of shots of Cumberbatch doing different things...establishing the whole idea of 'he lost his hands so he lost everything'...clearly magic is the only solution.
- LOVE the sound of Strange's voice....wasn't sure if Cumberbatch would do an American accent or not.
- Guess they couldn't get Laurence Fishburne to play Morpheus. Sup, bald Tilda.
- SHE PUNCHED OUT HIS SOUL.
- Inception 2.